Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
- Advice on my sadly lacking garden
- Snarky comments
- "The drive"
- Clam chowder from Malibu Seafood Co.
- Busting open the 1 gallon bottle of Galleano Zinfandel (not a joke, a truly ginormous bottle of wine has been on my counter for a week or so now)
- Cribbage games
- Air Force 1 at the Reagan Library
- Merriment in general
- Rosemary rolls
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
It was my fabulous hubby's birthday celebration today... and would you believe it, I forgot to take pictures!! For shame!!!!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
It's been nine years, but like all other Americans alive on that day, I remember it like it was yesterday. Waking up to the news, seeing the towers fall, trying to comprehend the enormity of the events unfolding, and walking through the day like a zombie, hungry for any news - and asking "why?"
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
My brother's birthday was Monday, and as the nice sister I am, I asked him what his favorite flavors were, and then scoured the internet for an appropriate tasty dessert that would be worthy of his birthday.
(He is after all getting pretty old... so I should do nice things for him...)
The only problem with my brother's taste preferences is that they're... well... ODD! He likes chocolate and lemon. Really? What kind of combo is that?
It turns out... a really. really. good combination! Introducing, a chocolate and lemon tart!
Mmmmm... I want to eat it again! Oh, and my brother called it his favorite dessert ever. EVER.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
To exercise or not to exercise.
According to Prevention Mag, if your symptoms are above the neck, you're okay to workout, and if they're below the neck, you should wait.
With this advice, I put my name on the list for spin tonight at the gym. And then texted the instructor to let her know she's not allowed to yell at me to turn up the resistance tonight!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
- It leaves at 7:10, which means I get to wake up at 4:30 to catch it.
- Flying still freaks me out, and I'm usually so nervous before a flight I have trouble sleeping.
- Last night was not an exception.
- I'm exhausted.
- The flight attendents on commuter flights appear to be wackier than those on longer hauls.
- One of them sang "It had to be you" to us over the intercom.
- I'm tired.
- The length of the flight is exactly the amount of time it takes to consumer a tall latte.
- Despite the latte, I'm exhausted.
How was that for uplifting?
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Check out some cowboy art - yee haw!
And listen to live music courtesy of local musicians. I wish I could put in a clip of the song this guy's music on here, but I couldn't find it...
Monday, July 19, 2010
This was taken at the end of the canal in the Versailles gardens on my honeymoon. All of the sights, smells, feelings of that trip can be wrapped up in this photo. For ten days we roamed, and like these cruisers, we had no need for a different gear, or a faster pace. We ate amazing sandwiches on crusty baguette in parks, strolled through the most amazing galleries in the world, and enjoyed having no agenda or schedule.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Can't believe July 1 is this Thursday! When my coworkers and I started talking about throwing our friend's baby shower that date seemed really far away, but it's this Thursday!
Monday, June 21, 2010
- The official announcement went out that I will be leaving my current position as a Marketing Manager for a new spot at my company... as a Senior Consultant... That's right, go me! It's kind of a scary move, I've been in the marketing trenches for a while now, and this is an opportunity to be a bit more strategic. I can't wait to grow into this new position, but I have a feeling it's going to be quite the transition.
- I got to the gym today. Not an accomplishment? Okay, you're right, but it's my blog and I'll write it if I want to!
- Today is the first day of week six of clean eating. No sugar, no wine (but I kind of fudge that one a couple days a week), no grains, no beans, no processed anything. Protein, fruit, and vegetables only. I am down 12 pounds, all of my clothes are loose... and the crazy part, I had baked trout with steamed broccoli and cauliflower for dinner, and it couldn't have been yummier.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
"Live passionately, even if it kills you,
Quote sent to me by my husband today... he thinks I worry too much. And he's right. I think these are some pretty good words to live by!
Monday, May 31, 2010
- Salvia "Allen Chickering" Sage - a tall, purple, fragrant bloom
- Firecracker - a mid-height red flower
- San Bruno Mountain Golden Aster - a low, yellow daisy-like bud
- and Manzanita